Wizards interdit les proxies en tournoi (sanctionnés ou non)

Démarré par beun, 13 Janvier 2016, 04:09:33

« précédent - suivant »

beun

Information officielle communiquée par Wizards à ses magasins détaillants:

Citation de: source fiable
Hi everyone, we had a few post requests on proxies, so I'm just consolidating into one:
With regard to questions on proxies, we ask that WPN locations not hold events - sanctioned or unsanctioned – allowing the use of any type of unauthorized reproductions of cards. The lone exception to this is when the judge of an event substitutes a card unsuitable for play due to damage or excessive wear.
The other two questions that have cropped up are "is this a new policy" and "why".
For the first, no, this has been an existing policy, though we have recently reached out to educate a few stores on the topic, but no suspensions or punishments have been issued.
As to why, we want partners in the WPN that help protect our intellectual property.
We hear and understand that there are opposing viewpoints, but that's the policy as it stands.

À date il ne semble pas y avoir une communication officielle précisant ce qui va advenir des magasins qui avaient l'habitude d'organiser des tournois Vintage non-sanctionnés "10 proxies", mais ils vont très certainement devoir arrêter cette pratique.
Bref c'est vraiment pas la fête pour le format vintage.
Ta mère elle a Annihilator 6.

Shebely

Effectivement s'ajoutent ça
CitationThe initial Reddit post that Community Team lead Trick is responding to can be found here. Below is a response he posted to the thread.

Hey folks, I checked into this and here's what I can tell you:

First is an important clarification: Proxy cards are substitute cards created solely by judges in sanctioned tournaments. These substitutes are allowed when authorized game cards become unplayable during a sanctioned tournament because of damage or excessive wear. Unauthorized reproductions of our game are a type of counterfeit, and we want business partners to help us in discouraging counterfeit Magic.

I know that feels crazy, that we regard marker on a card as a counterfeit, but remove the visual accuracy from the judgment – they serve identical purposes when it comes to game play.

Counterfeit cards are prohibited in sanctioned events, sounds like most people are on board with that. And based on Wizards' Code of Conduct, we have started to ask stores not to organize unsanctioned events with counterfeit cards. And to be clear, no one we've communicated with recently has been suspended or punished as far as I know. We've talked to some stores on the difference between counterfeit and proxy cards, and are asking WPN to stores to work with us in protecting our intellectual property.

Wizards wants partners in the WPN to make sure stores are welcoming environments, not use our characters in offensive images, and any number of actions that protect Magic experiences. We don't condone counterfeit cards, and we expect stores to respect that. WPN stores are our partners and we expect them to help us protect our intellectual property.

We know players love Magic and love playing its variety of formats, including Vintage and Legacy. Some formats are easier to get into than others and these two are hard.

-Trick
Qui ne donne pas cher des tournois Vintage avec proxy, mais également ça:

Je sais bien qu'il s'agit d'un loophole, mais de mémoire, il me semble que Raphy ne fait aucun profit sur les tournois Vintage à MB par exemple.
(ils sont même organisés en dehors des horaires d'ouverture, donc bon...)

vladic

Ils sont grave chez Wizard. Comme d'habitude, ça vise les formats non eternal pour pousser l'achat de booster.
Il devrait au moins les autoriser pour ceux qui ont acheter les cartes sur MTGO.
Est ce que ça permet quand même aux joueurs de oldschool d'utiliser du Revised ou des rééditions? A priori oui.

matbeguess

et quid des CE et IE, qui sont parfois utilisé en proxy de luxe,
mais ne sont pas des contrefaçons! puisque imprimé par WoTC?

Shebely

C'est autorisé puisqu'il s'agit d'un produit vendu par WotC.
Par contre, pas légal pour un tournoi homologué.

matbeguess

merci

ils pourraient peut être penser à autoriser en tournois... vintage ou 93/94...
il y a toujours le problème de la triche avec les coins carrés mais ca ferait
du volume de cartes supplémentaires non négligeable!

beun

Ta mère elle a Annihilator 6.

Shebely

Hmm
Ce que tu quote n'est pas de Hélène Bergerot, à priori.
Tout ce qu'elle a dit, elle, c'est le tweet que j'ai posté plus haut, c'est à dire un truc qui ouvre un loophole, mais ça va pas très loin.

Slayer

"I didn't come to play. I came to win" (Kamahl, Pit Fighter)

MarvinRouge

- Qu'est-ce que ça vous fait, Père, d'avoir l'Entité sombre en vous ?
- C'est un peu comme si j'avais un parapluie dans les fesses, ma fille. Depuis des années, ça me raidit. J'ai l'impression que mon corps est sous-tendu par des armatures mille fois plus dures que mes os.
Et tu sais quoi ? Le parapluie, je vais le retirer.