[Trial BoM -T1 Paris 15 mars] Eternal Legends VII

Démarré par Shaamane, 31 Janvier 2009, 23:09:29

« précédent - suivant »

kLu

In fact, even with 8-9 sideboard slots for ichorid, the match was still though.

I used to play a control deck before "almost blue" (which name is originally "ZBS" (Ze Brain Storm)) called ki.merchant using 3 engineered and it has always done well for me.

At the moment of the tournament, Inkwell had not been tested much around me and i didn't take the risk to pack him rather than colossus.
I think now it's just a choice of metagame, but there is not much place in the sb for robots.

neonico

All depend of the fish decks in your metagame Peach...
In testings, i lost alot more games because i played Leviatan than i lost because i played Colossus.

CitationYes,Tarmogoyf is probably better than Chameleon Colossus, but comparing it to Tarmogoyf is like comparing your girlfriend to Carmen Electra - one's versatile and reliable, the other's just big and cheap.(And you'd run both if you could get away with)

Citation de: Question posée au Ask The Judge
Q: I have Ashnod's Coupon, which says that it is invalid in Quebec in the flavor text. Can I still use it in Quebec? I think so, because flavor text is not rules text, but my friend disagrees.

Citation de: SubwarBF le 13 Juillet 2009, 19:59:15
R.I.P Nico, c'était lui le plus grand, pas ce pédophile de Michael

Blog Magic Eternal : http://magiceternal.wordpress.com/

Peach

I know about ZBS, I saw you playing in Cabrera (Spain) against Escribano in the top8 2 years ago playing the brainfreeze deck and have been following the Hype since then (I used it as my pet deck and played in some tournaments for a while).

The engineered are great as long as you keep nullrod off the table against fish decks. However, I have come to the conclusion that it´s better to side in Massacres (2 in fact) to sweep the board and keep Jotuns out of the table through repeals. I know massacre does not combo with DC, but they neither do it with EE set at 2. EE are great to fight random metagames and aggro in general (goyfs, gobbos and combo elves or whatever you can face) and great against Oath too.

Inkwell has been doing absolutely great for me in the side. Everytime I have resolved Tinker against fish I have won. The card is incredibly powerful (even versus  other control decks like painters). I normally tend to side in another robot, so you can Tinker even if you have Colossus in your hand and you cannot find Thirst. If I have enought space in the side, I include titan and Ink. Although I have tested Masticore for quite a while in more controlish builds, I think the Leviathan is a game ending bomb versus unpprepared opponents. It also does wonders versus Stacks variants which are quite popular in our meta both with and without transmuters.

Overall, as you mention, it´s a meta dependant decission. The LCV in Barcelona (where I play) has the following figures (Archetype, number of decks, percentage of the field) out of 71 players in March:

Drain   25   35,2%
   Tezz   6   8,45%
   Gifts 4    5,63%

Fish   12    16,90%

Stacks   10   14,10%

Ritual Decks 5  7,00%

Ichorid   3   4,20%

As you see, we have plenty of control, stacks and fish and combo and Ichorid to a lesser extent.

Do you think this Remora Confidant could perform well in such a meta? Tezz decks have been doing fine in the last tournament:

http://www.team-pataners.com/decks-del-top8-del-tercer-torneo-de-la-lcv5-barcelona-220309/

BTW, the list is 61? :P

neonico

I would run ZDR every day in your metagame.

The choice of the robot really depends if alot of shop decks pack welder or not.
considering your meta, i would still play colossus maindeck. The choice is irrevelant against around 75% of the decks for sure (including the random not listed), and possibly 15 more % if the stacks decks don't play Welder.

that said, i disagree not to run leviathan SB as klu stated.
Ho and if you run it SB, it shouldn't be over masticore. Both serve different purpose when you side them in in the fish matchup. But your main tinker target remains Leviatan. Masticore is more a 5cc controle element that you will bring in instead of your tezzeret.

CitationYes,Tarmogoyf is probably better than Chameleon Colossus, but comparing it to Tarmogoyf is like comparing your girlfriend to Carmen Electra - one's versatile and reliable, the other's just big and cheap.(And you'd run both if you could get away with)

Q: I have Ashnod's Coupon, which says that it is invalid in Quebec in the flavor text. Can I still use it in Quebec? I think so, because flavor text is not rules text, but my friend disagrees.

Peach

HI Nico, thanks for the advise. I will give it a try this very same afternoon as we are testing for the April LCV event next Saturday.

As you mention, If I side in the core too, it would not be the main Tinker target. However, I tend to side out drains as well as fact and gifts against fish (if you face a good fish player) to side in more board control, so maybe playing Razormane can be a little difficult being drainless :D

Regarding the side, maybe I would switch this for the LCV meta:

2 Engineered Explosives
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Duress
2 Pithing Needle
2 Hurkyl's Recall
2 Yixlid Jailer
1 Razorman Masticore
1 Sundering Titan

-2 Engineered
-1 Hurkyl´s

+1 Massacre (good versus Bomberman too because it is also part of our meta)
+1 Inkwell
+1 Rebuild (as wise shop players would CotV you for 1 and 2)

As for the 61 cards, do you think petal could be cut to make it 60? My guess would be the petal, but I have not tried the deck so I´m talking about this without knowhing (although I know maximizing chances to drop The Great One first turn is a House against everyone :D)

neonico

I would side out Gifts, misdirection, colossus and Tezzeret to bring in 2 EE, Leviatan and MAsticore in this matchup.

Klu said that petal is very important for this version of the deck, to maximize turn 1 confidants... This is especially good considering that you don't have to fetch underground sea to do so.

Peach

@KLU

BTW, is there a chance to see a new version of ZBS? I have been trying some builds myself, but playing just 1 merchant makes it pretty complicated :DDDDD
2 tops, 4 repeals, 1 chain, 1 hurkyl´s and 1 rebuild seem the way to go thought. However, the draw engine does not seem to be good for this kind of deck right now.

Peach

@Nico

Your sideboarding seems very strong like this. I like it!

As you only play 2 colors, I would not side in Pithings, but if I ran red (in other Repeal tendrils builds) I would side in needle to stablish the manabase a little bit.

So you would play with 61 then? Weird indeed :D

I don´t remember last time I played with more than 60 cards. I guess it was a looooooooooooooong time ago :D

neonico

Citation de: Peach le 16 Avril 2009, 15:52:03
So you would play with 61 then? Weird indeed :D

I allways do in vintage control decks. Of course it's bad in Aggro or combo, but not that bad in vintage control.
In a drain deck, 25 manas 36 spells is the best ratio for me ;)
CAB team did it in the first Gifts Builds, i remember some slaver version doing it back in late 2003, Even nassif did it in his 5cc, for the reason of the good %age of lands/mana source in the deck.

Peach

Looooooooool nice theory :DDDDDD although it goes against all logic :DDDD

But I understand your position as I strongly believe one has to play with what suits better one´s play style and feels comfortable with (no matter what other people say).

In my case, I prefer to play 24/36 in Combo controlish builds (like repeal tendrils) and 25/35 in Tezzeret adding Mana Vault as producer 25th.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!

raphy

Désolé de demander ca mais, y'a-t-il une chance pour que le tournoi ''Eternal Legends VII'' soit homologué un jour?
Retrouvez toutes mes vidéos sur Magic et Minecraft sur www.RaphyGames.com

(__/)      (__/)      (__/)
(='.'=)    (='.'=)    (='.'=)
(")__(")  (")__(")   (")__(")

Arretez de chercher, sur www.MagicBazar.fr toutes les cartes sont aux meilleurs prix!!!

www.team-gt.com Le site de la Team GT !!!

Watanabe

C'est à dire ?

Le tournoi Eternal Legends est homologué CdF T1, juste que le classement est pas mis à jour car j'attends des news de Serge.
Le site de la GT Team :
http://www.team-gt.com/site/

European Eternal Reference : Eternal Central !

astre

membre du fan club des tachikoma
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma

Watanabe

Citation de: astre le 17 Avril 2009, 16:11:06
il demande DCI là !

Je sais pas si Serge ou un des arbitres a fait la demande...

J'essaye de me renseigner !
Le site de la GT Team :
http://www.team-gt.com/site/

European Eternal Reference : Eternal Central !

astre

normalement, c'est le head judge qui a les infos.
membre du fan club des tachikoma
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma